Friday, May 16, 2008

10 years ago...

Ten years ago, at this very moment, I didn't know it, but I was beginning the biggest adventure of my life. Ten years ago, at this very moment, I was hitting the hay early because I didn't "feel so hot". Ten years ago, at this very moment, I was one hour into an eighteen hour labor. Ten years ago, at this very moment...


...I was about to become a mother.

Motherhood, parenthood...the greatest adventure I ever could have hoped to embark on. There's no turning back, it can only get crazier, more involved, more fun.

Road trips were fun. Spontaneous. It's true. So were parties, when we first move in together. Sure. New jobs. It's all an adventure. But nothing like this.

Not every adventure starts with an intimate moment. A condom, unwrapped, tossed to the side. Legs in the air. Pee on a stick. A trip to the OB. Elastic waistbands. And a bellyache that starts at 9:30 PM and reoccurs in frequently closer intervals. A groan. A scream. A push.

Now that's an adventure.

No comments: